Wednesday, November 2, 2011

reminders of His great love

The other day I was sitting on my bed prinking (to prink:to pray and think interchangeably; to prayerfully think).

I looked up and happened to focus in on my little scripture card,
the sun clearly outlining the silhouette of my little cast iron knight standing behind the card, behind a clear promise...
that it is HE who will fight on my behalf.

{Sometimes women, girls, everyone really, needs to be reminded that they are not facing the battles alone.}

I need only to hold my peace and rest in Him. The Lord will fight for me.

Children of God walking in the Light are never alone, never without a loving Shield and Defender.

May the Lord be your Warrior and your Peace today. 
We need only to stand back and let Him.

"The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace"  ~Ex. 14:14



2 comments:

Amelia said...

I love this. I need this reminder today. He is with us, He is with me and He is with you. In such definite ways!

One thing that is so interesting to me and so God-like. I need to start recognizing these things as from the Lord...Yesterday the Lord put the little knight on my heart and when the little boy who gave it to you and in his wee little boy voice with the slight lisp asked, "Miss Marianna, did you get my Mighty Warrior?" Yes, it was on my mind yesterday out of the blue. I would like to tell that little boy today, yes, you got and still have the Mighty Warrior in more ways than one. : ) God is with us.

It's been a nice but tough day today. God is here!

Lovely and beautiful blog writing Marianna. A real wow for me.

Love you, Mom

Jane B. Gaddy said...

Marianna, so often you write specifically to me. Great thoughts here. Great "clear" promises, indeed. And the little warrior knight! The picture tells the story. So thankful for little "bits from heaven" that you share.
Love and blessings on this cool (even in FLA) evening.
Jane BG