Monday, November 2, 2009

"Be still, and know that I am God."

It was one of those days where I kept having to remind myself to take deep breaths.  Hurry scurry, stress from work and my never ending to-do list made my brain feel tight and unable to concentrate on any one thing. 

Between website editing and taking Becs (youngest sister) to ballet, I made a quick run to the resale shop in search of a particular item.  As I dashed in and scanned the racks, my search came up empty.   Quickly walking towards the exit in a hurry to get to my next stop, I saw something that made me pause.  Among the helter skelter of the bargain hunters and the disheveled shelves was an older lady wearing a beige trench coat. 

She was standing still amidst the disorder just gazing at a water globe she had just wound up.  The melody of "Oh Holy Night" rang clearly and sweetly among the busyness.  Not wanting to appear gawkily rude, I pretended to be interested in some contraption of a handle attached to a wire basket that was laying close by.  I mindlessly picked it up and examined it, but my ears were strained to the melody behind me. 

I've always been captivated by music boxes, but this time particularly, my scattered soul clung to every note.


Long lay the world, in sin and error pining.  Till He appeared, and the soul felt it's worth.  A thrill of hope, the weary world rejoices.

The simplicity, the beauty, the truth of that simple song flooded my heart with peace.  It was all going to be okay.  He was (is!) in control.

My prayer is that this blog will be a music box of sorts.  A quiet pause amongst the busyness of life.    A reason for me to pause from the race of life, and just acknowledge that He is Lord and in control.  A place to share memories, joys, and discovered truths.  That like the music box, this blog will exude sweet strains of joy and peace to the busy world around me.

Welcome to my blog. :)
~Marianna Rose

No comments: