Thursday, November 19, 2009

~This Is My Classroom~

 A devotional I recently read from Elisabeth Elliot's The Music of His Promises that blessed me.  I hope it will you too.  :)


This Is My Classroom


There is only one classroom in which to learn:

1. The work of God
2. The will of God
3. The trustworthiness of God
4. The presence of God

The classroom is where I am now.  This is the place appointed by God for my instruction and sanctification-- even here:

1. where is seems God is doing nothing (He is, in fact, at work in unseen ways);
2.  where His will seems obscure or frightening (He will surely give me peace at last);
3.  where He isn't doing what I want Him to (He is doing something better- preparing bread for me when what I asked was in actual fact a stone; or perhaps He is doing the very thing I prayed for, but in a way incomprehensible to me);
4. where He is most absent (yes, even there His promise holds: I will never leave you or forsake you.  My faith must seize that written Word regardless of the enemy's taunt, "You've been abandoned..".

Happy Thursday,
~Marianna  :)

No comments: