Tuesday, July 26, 2011

~Day Two~

-We drank coffee (well, I drank  (and spilled) coffee- they drank other things; they obviously didn't know what was good for them), we laughed, we talked about the vulnerability of the human heart, and how you have to fight to keep a tender heart (it's oxymoronic, but it's true) in this ol' world.  My sister and an old friend chatted at Starbucks this morning; it was the last time before she leaves for fall semester at Bible college.  After all the news of her new boyfriend was told (I'm happy for her; she's been through so much), we started talking about the invisible.  Those are my favorite things to talk about, those invisible things.  "the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."  The invisible being the eternal things.... remembering that this earthly life is so temporary... so temporary.  As beautiful as life can be, it's really just time in the dressing room, getting our robes of righteousness on, furthering the Kingdom, preparing for eternity.  And when the way is rough and long, it's the invisible that comes most clearly into focus.  In a very dark time last winter, I learned this lesson about the invisible, and I love to talk about it. It's just so... true.  

-I had to postpone my girls group that was supposed to meet tomorrow- this rude sickness came back today.  I suppose so many busy days in a row was just a bit more than I was up to yet; I hate that (it's always a disappointing reality when I'm faced, yet again, with the fact that I am not, in any form, superwoman.  i'm just a weak human, and it's annoying, you know?).

-Deer ate most of my morning glory vines I've been babying .  double RUDE.  My gardening efforts almost constantly prove depressing.

-I probably should stop writing at night and switch to early morning; I always feel a little loose in the fingers and the tongue at night and might say something I will regret tomorrow. (like admitting that deer sabotaging my morning glory plants made me frustrated... does that mean I need a life?  don't answer... I know it does.)

-and plus, writing late at night
-leaves me with a brain where all I
-can
-write with
-is
-bullet
-points

-So.  Here's to day two of my little self-challenge (ha).  And more importantly, here's to looking at the invisible:

"Therefore we do not lose heart.  Even though the outward man is perishing, yet the inward man is being renewed day by day.  For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are not seen, for the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal."  (II Cor. 4:16-18)

~Goodnight! :)

No comments: