Monday, August 22, 2011

-I've been just itching to sit down and write about nothing in particular for the past few days.  But since I knew I was trying to get sick and had long days this weekend, I went to bed on time (sort of) like a good child.  It's Sunday, but I refuse to be a good child even it is the sabbath; I've have had a nap and that makes me feel justified for staying up a bit later tonight.  Besides, people are still talking downstairs and that doesn't help one fall asleep anyway.  (now that my conscience is soothed, I can finish my post,)

-We have an out of town visitor this week.  It's a good discipline for me not to idolize my privacy.  Introverts do so prize the comfort zone and privacy of home, I think.  Too much, sometimes, I'm sure. 

-Time to work on my lesson for the girls group again on Wed... I haven't the slightest inkling what the Lord wants me to share yet.  The answer will come some time before Wednesday afternoon, this much I know.

-We watched "A Man Called Peter" tonight... I love that movie.  I love the testimony of Peter Marshall's life.  The book is even better than the movie, of course, but the movie is good too. 

-So many Godly and brilliant men die young it seems... have you noticed?  Perhaps it's because their impact is most felt after they are gone...?   I don't know.  I always feel so sorry for their wives having lost them.  Of course, then it makes me worry... I want to marry a Godly and brilliant man (at least one who God thinks is Godly, and whom I think is brilliant), but does that mean he'd die young too?  Of course, lots of Godly and brilliant men haven't died young, and besides, at the rate I am going, I may never need to worry about such things anyway, so why borrow trouble?

-Speaking of singleness, my recently widowed grandmother who is 87 years old got asked out recently.  She says she is scared to go.  This is the same grandma who told me on the phone the other day, "Marianna!  Hi!  Anything going on?  Any boyfriend?"  "Oh, noo, just really busy!"  "Well, this too shall pass."  "Well, singleness is a gift, you know!"  "Nah... this too shall pass."  All this from a woman scared to go out on a date.  ha!  To my two dear Italian grandmas, I think there are two main things to fear in life:  being ugly and being single forever.  Of course I've always given them lots of scares on the former, and Lea and I continue to give them reason to knit their eyebrows together about the latter.  Is it awful to find it rather hilarious?   Because I do.  We've decided if we ever wanted to spite our grandmothers (not that we do, but if we did) we would just be spinsters forever. 

-I'll probably regret admitting all that tomorrow... but, I'll live dangerously and leave it.  ha.

-A Peter Marshall quote that stuck with me:  "Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned."  I hope to keep that at the forefront of my mind this week.  Methinks it would help cure some of the procrastination I find myself stumbling over so often. 

-I'm thankful for:  a new week that is one step closer to September...  a friend that confidently says "I know God will give direction." and for the fact that they're right...  for discernment and wisdom that are promised to us, when we ask... for physical freedom and for those who've given and give their lives to pay the cost... for Sunday afternoon naps... for grace for this new week; I'll need lots and lots of it... 

-Pray for this sister in Christ:  http://www.callformercy.com/   and sign the petition.   If you're not familiar with Voice of the Martyrs ( www.persecution.com ), I highly recommend looking at their site.  These aren't just stories, these are sufferings of our own family, the Body of Christ.

-I read these wonderful words from Paul this morning, "And see, now I go bound in the spirit to Jerusalem, not knowing the things that will happen to me there, except that the Holy Spirit testifies in every city, saying that chains and tribulations await me.  But none of these things move me; nor do I count my life dear to myself, so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus, to testify to the gospel of the grace of God."  (Acts 20:22-24)  I have so much to learn...

-The wheels in my brain are grinding to a stop now and for good reason- it's late!  Grace, peace and goodnight... and thank you for reading my nonsense, if you got all the way through it. 

1 comment:

Aaress said...

I LOVE Peter Marshall! God blessed that man with so much wit and wisdom.

Praying that God gives you His direction, my friend!